[webkit-dev] want to port JIT to MIPS - how patchOffset* constant determined?

x yz lastguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 14:56:17 PST 2009

Zoltan,
Thanks for reply, I'm trying to understand your example. But,X86 instruction size is from 1 to 17bytes, not constant. I may misunderstand your comments?
Many X86 instruction can have imm32 at the end, thus this pointer can be used for patch as well as next address after call. Does Arm have similar things? or else you still need to figure out why "patchOffsetOpCallCompareToJump = 9;"? may be some instruction lengths relates to the 9?
rgds
joe