[webkit-dev] WebKit/EFL port 0.1 released.

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Mon Jun 29 09:42:40 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 6:48 AM, tonikitoo (Antonio Gomes) <
tonikitoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since it has been asked, in a soon future we will be also start the
> process of trying to get WebKit/EFL [1] port also upstream'ed.
> @Olivier: in terms of a new port, how would "small patches" fit ?
> Actually, I was thinking about split up the port code into at least
> four patches (probably not small):
>
> * WebKit/
> * WebCore/
> * JavaScriptCore/
> * build system.
>
> Is that the right way to attach them to bugzilla ?

I suspect these will be far too large to review and need to be split into
much smaller patches.  You'll want to land individual features and
abstractions one at a time where possible.

For reference, landing the Chromium port (likely more complex than most
other ports as it needed both a different JS engine and multi-process
architectural support) took a number of months of full-time effort from
several engineers.

PK