[webkit-dev] Question about Constructors in WebKit JS Bindings

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Jun 23 15:43:04 PDT 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Drew Wilson wrote:

> Not sure. There's language in the WebIDL spec around prototype
> objects of interface objects, but I'm not sure how
> window.Worker.prototype is intended to relate to new
> Worker().prototype (if at all), based on my 10 minutes of scanning
> specs.

window.Worker.prototype should be the initial value of new
Worker().__proto__ (or equivalently, of the internal [[Prototype]]
property). This should be taken from the constructor object actually
used, I think, but there is no reason to store a global object or
document reference to achieve this effect.

  - Maciej