[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore in Windows Applications

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:32:50 PDT 2009

Hi Eric,

On Jun 22, 2009, at 7:12 AM, webkit-list at ericbrunstad.com wrote:

> Thank you very much for your reply.  It was very helpful.
> Unfortunately,
> I cannot compile your CallJS sample.  It appears that the 'afxwin.h'
> file
> is not present on my system.  Is it not possible to compile your
> sample
> with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition with the Windows Server 2003 R2
> SDK?

I'm sorry! You are right, it uses MFC to provide the GUI.

A completely MFC-free example is the WinLauncher program in the WebKit
subversion sources (see WebKitTools/WinLauncher.) This program creates
a simple Window and embeds a WebKit instance in it.

It doesn't show much C++/Javascript interaction, but between the two
examples you should be able to see now things fit together.

Sorry (and Good Luck)!

-Brent