[webkit-dev] VS2005 debugger complains that webkit.pdb does not match with webkit.dll

Steve Falkenburg sfalken at apple.com
Fri Jun 19 22:27:36 PDT 2009

You can use registry free COM to do this in that older revision.  I
believe WinLauncher and/or DumpRenderTree did this during that time.
Or, just update to the newer rev or merge the changes yourself.
-steve

Brent Fulgham wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Thanks Brent. But I searched my webkit source for
>> WebKitCreateInstance and found nothing. My source is r41121 Nightly
>> Build. Is WebKitCreateInstance unavailable in r41121?
>
> I'm sorry -- you are correct.
> "http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebKit/win/WebKitCOMAPI.h" shows
> me that it was added in @r42726.
>
> -Brent

>>> 2.  Link against the WebKitGUID.lib and WebKit.lib
>>> 3.  Create your object like so:
>>>
>>> HRESULT hr = WebKitCreateInstance(CLSID_WebView, 0, IID_IWebView,
>>> (void**)&gWebView);
>>>
>>> The advantages are:
>>>
>>> 1.  No need to manipulate "Internal COM" or other manifest stuff.
>>> 2.  No more errors that COM can't find your WebKit objects.