[webkit-dev] Build issue on Fedora 10

Matt Bockt bocktmatt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:12:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to build WebKit on Fedora10, using the given autogen and make
files.
But the buid fails.

I let the autogen options to default exepted for the prefix that I set to
/usr.
The configuration succeeds. ( I attached the configuration report )

Then I call make and it fails with the following error :

[root at fredfed10 WebKit-r44815]# make >/dev/null
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/ArrayPrototype.cpp
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/DatePrototype.cpp
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSONObject.cpp
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/MathObject.cpp
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/NumberConstructor.cpp
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/RegExpConstructor.cpp
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/RegExpObject.cpp
Creating hashtable for JavaScriptCore/runtime/StringPrototype.cpp
Creating hashtable for WebCore/bindings/js/JSDOMWindowBase.cpp
Creating hashtable for WebCore/bindings/js/JSRGBColor.cpp
Creating hashtable for WebCore/bindings/js/JSWorkerContextBase.cpp
WebKit/gtk/webkit/webkitwebnavigationaction.cpp: In function ‘void
webkit_web_navigation_action_init(WebKitWebNavigationAction*)’:
WebKit/gtk/webkit/webkitwebnavigationaction.cpp:113: warning: unused
variable ‘priv’
WebKit/gtk/webkit/webkitwebview.cpp: In function ‘gboolean
webkit_web_view_real_move_cursor(WebKitWebView*, GtkMovementStep, gint)’:
WebKit/gtk/webkit/webkitwebview.cpp:836: warning: ‘direction’ may be used
uninitialized in this function
WebCore/accessibility/AccessibilityRenderObject.cpp: In function ‘const
WebCore::ARIARoleMap& WebCore::createARIARoleMap()’:
WebCore/accessibility/AccessibilityRenderObject.cpp:2117: warning:
‘WebCore::createARIARoleMap()::RoleEntry’ declared with greater visibility
than the type of its field
‘WebCore::createARIARoleMap()::RoleEntry::ariaRole’
WebCore/bindings/js/JSConsoleCustom.cpp:41: error: no ‘JSC::JSValue
WebCore::JSConsole::profiles(JSC::ExecState*) const’ member function
declared in class ‘WebCore::JSConsole’
make[1]: *** [WebCore/bindings/js/libWebCore_la-JSConsoleCustom.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I already built WebKit with succes, but it was with older version, but since
the r44xxx I always get that error.

When I change the configure options to :
./autogen.sh\
 --prefix=/usr\
 --enable-debug=no\
 --enable-coverage=no\
 --enable-jit=yes\
 --enable-dashboard-support=no\
 --enable-offline-web-applications=no\
 --enable-dom-storage=no\
 --enable-database=no\
 --enable-icon-database=no\
 --enable-video=no\
 --enable-xpath=yes\
 --enable-xslt=yes\
 --enable-svg=no\
 --enable-svg-animation=no\
 --enable-svg-filters=no\
 --enable-svg-fonts=no\
 --enable-svg-foreign-object=no\
 --enable-svg-as-image=no\
 --enable-svg-use-element=no\
 --enable-javascript-debugger=no\
 --enable-workers=no\
 --with-target=x11\
 --with-font-backend=pango\

the build falis, but the error is about a "DataBase.h" file that isn't
found....

What could be the problem ?

Thank for your help !

matt