[webkit-dev] InlineBox::m_isSVG

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Fri Jun 19 00:50:44 PDT 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 9:38 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:

> Agreed.  That should just be a virtual call.  I don't see any reason
> for that to need to be a bit on the baseclass.  I do not think that
> changing ti to be a virtual call would cause a noticeable performance
> change.
>
> -eric

You can test and see, but that bit was added as part of devirtualizing
height().  Originally when I virtualized height() on InlineBoxes it
caused about a 1% perf regression, so I tried to devirtualize as much
as I could in order to fix the problem.  If you make isSVG() virtual
again, then you will cause height() to make a virtual function call
every time again, and will probably re-introduce at least part of the
perf regression.

It's not clear to me why the bit being there is relevant to Ruby?

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)