[webkit-dev] Tab key Navigation

tonikitoo (Antonio Gomes) tonikitoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:57:45 PDT 2009

You can find default implementation in WebCore, yes:

void EventHandler::defaultKeyboardEventHandler(KeyboardEvent* event)
{
   if (event->type() == eventNames().keydownEvent) {
        m_frame->editor()->handleKeyboardEvent(event);
        if (event->defaultHandled())
            return;
        if (event->keyIdentifier() == "U+0009")
            defaultTabEventHandler(event);
   (...)

possibly , either chromium or safari are doing not-default stuff...

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:18 PM, n179911<n179911 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is 'Tab key Navigation a browser functionality or Webkit functionally?
> For example, I load google.com, I put my mouse on the search input box click
> once. The search input box should have focus.
> And then i press 'Tab', the focus should moved.
> But what I find out is the way Safari moves focus is different from Chromium
> (both uses Webkit but may be using different versions). So I would like to
> know if the Tab key navigation a Webkit functionality or a Browser
> functionality?
> Thank you.,

--Antonio Gomes