[webkit-dev] MIPS port problem - cti_op_put_by_id slow case problem

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Jun 17 17:03:41 PDT 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Toshiyasu Morita wrote:

> --- On Wed, 6/17/09, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren at apple.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not really interested in helping with the dubiously legal task
> of taking >
> > JavaScriptCore, which is an OpenSource library, and turning it
> into a closed,
> > proprietary library.
>
> I've talked to my client, and he's told me it's their intent to
> contribute the port back to the community once the port is finished.
>
> IMHO main problem with trying to contribute the code now is they
> have milestones, and there aren't enough resources to coordinate the
> merging of all the MIPS architecture-specific code back to mainline.

Glad to hear they are planning to contribute the code in the future.
It will be much easier to provide meaningful help once the code is
available. Until then, it's hard for us to help you figure out what is
going wrong in the temporarily private port, and somewhat off-topic to
ask for help on the list.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. It's just that this list is
meant for development discussion of WebKit, as in the public
svn.webkit.org tree. We get a lot of questions from people who are
clearly working on various private ports, and it is a distraction from
the on-topic content. Asking for help in using the API is not entirely
on-topic either.

If people would like a forum for such discussions, we can consider
making a webkit-help list where it would be on-topic to ask for WebKit-
related help, without distracting us from actual development discussion.

Regards,
Maciej