[webkit-dev] Review states

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Jun 17 12:52:31 PDT 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 11:45 AM, Ojan Vafai wrote:

> This is surely bike-shedding, but...
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com>
> wrote:
> Review
> Rejected (for the rare case where the concept of a patch tries to do
> is completely wrong; often in this case the bug will also be INVALID)
> Revise and Resubmit
>
> How about "Needs work"? I find "resubmit" a confusing word as commit
> and submit are often used interchangeably.

Just "Revise" would be ok with me, but I wanted to draw more of a
distinction from "Commit with Changes". "Revise and Repost" maybe,
since we usually speak of "posting" a patch, rather than "submitting"
it? Or just "Post a New Patch".

> Commit with Changes (probably this should only be used when the
> patch submitter is a commiter)
> Commit

Anyway, to make any changes like this, we'll have to work around some
of the technical limitations of bugzilla. A number of us have
experience hacking bugzilla, so this is totally feasible. If there
were an open source bug tracker that met our needs much better, to the
point that transition costs would be lower than hacking bugzilla, then
we could consider it. But that depends on having a concrete
alternative that is actually better.

Cheers,
Maciej