[webkit-dev] Using WebKit renderer to produce PDF output

Dominik Roettsches Dominik.Roettsches at access-company.com
Wed Jun 17 05:34:28 PDT 2009

Hi Ben,

> >> I need to produce a tool that can generate PDFs from HTML. The best
> >> solution I can think of is to use WebKit's layout engine, and plug my own
> >> PDF generator in as a renderer backend.

On both, Windows or Linux, you could try using Cairo's PDF backend for your purpose [1], i.e. create a modified cairo-based GraphicsContext that outputs to PDF.

Regards,

Dominik

[1] http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-pdf-surface.html

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.