[webkit-dev] script to assist converting pixel tests to dumpastext tests

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at google.com
Tue Jun 16 18:16:39 PDT 2009

Hi,
I've been converting a bunch of pixel tests to dumpAsText tests.  And I made
a Perl script to assist it.  You first check out WebKit twice into separate
directories (call it WebKit1 and WebKit2).  After converting a bunch of test
cases in WebKit1, you can call my script with file names, path, and
ChangeLog comment.  My script then automatically generates a patch in the
specified path (it uses WebKit2 as the working directory but reverts back to
the original state after making each patch).  You can then keep calling my
script to generate patches for converted test cases.  Is anyone interested
in using my script?  If so, is there any place to upload that script?  You
can see more documentation at
https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/Doc?docid=0Af5uCEy0wqTqZGQ5anFncXZfMGQ5d3JqNmZo(sorry,
it contains some Chrome-specific stuff at the end).

Ryosuke