[webkit-dev] New Port

Neil Gall neil.gall at tomtom.com
Tue Jun 16 01:28:41 PDT 2009

Hi Brian,

You might want to take a look at OWB at http://www.sand-labs.org/. It's
WebKit with an abstraction layer on the backend for easier porting,
intended for embedded devices. I have used it to provide OpenVG
rendering and am also now looking at OpenGL ES too.

Cheers,
Neil Gall

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 21:57 -0400, Brian Edmond wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is there a good source for information on doing a new port of WebKit,
> maybe a list of steps someone else followed when they did a port?
>
> Also I am porting to a system without native widgets so I was
> wondering which of the existing ports, if any, would be a good
> reference for this.
>
> The intention is to render the content with OpenGL ES 2.0.
>

> Thanks for the help,
>
>  Brian
>

> Brian Edmond
>
> Crank Software Inc.
>
> 613-796-1320
>
> Check out the Crank Blog

Neil Gall  |  Senior Software Engineer  | TomTom Dynamic Content &
Publishing  | neil.gall at tomtom.com | +44 (0) 131 445 6097 office