[webkit-dev] A Javascript Programming Environment for Safari 4

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Thu Jun 11 11:27:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 7:22 PM, David Goehrig <dave at nexttolast.com> wrote:

> Hello Webkitties,
> Let me say, congratulations on getting so close to having real HTML5
> support.  While there are still some rough edges, Webkit has been making
> some huge strides towards making the web a nice place to program.  In the
> spirit of showing off what can be done with the right tools, I've released a
> bit of code that currently only runs under Safari 4.

I'm curious to know what APIs you're using that aren't working correctly in
Google Chrome.

Also, I know it's not done, but here's a few suggestions:
* The white boarder is a bit distracting.  You probably want to do something
like "body { margin: 0px }" in CSS?
* The direction stuff moves on the canvas while scrolling should be
reversed.

Pretty cool for so few lines of code though!

It is a live object programming environment inspired by Randal Smith and