[webkit-dev] Identifying Views / Windows inside

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Jun 5 09:27:12 PDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:41 AM, Jack Wootton wrote:

> 1. Does it have to be static?

No.

This is not a JavaScriptCore or WebKit question but a C language
question. The keyword "static" makes the function have internal
linkage. You can read up on the topic in any advanced C programming
reference.

> In order to get a property of the Window object I need the
> JSObjectRef of the Window. But I do not have it inside the function.

Since the window object is the global object for this context you can
get it with the JSContextGetGlobalObject function.

If you have more advanced requirements you can attach any amount of
your own private data to the function object you created using the
JSObjectSetPrivate function.

     -- Darin