[webkit-dev] Question about CSS in Webkit

Nathan Summer nathan.charles.summer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:19:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

I guess Webkit will parse each CSS files into some internal data structure
to store CSS information. And from
http://webkit.org/blog/114/webcore-rendering-i-the-basics/:

During attachment the DOM queries CSS to obtain style information for an
element. The resultant information is stored in an object called a
RenderStyle.

My question is if the CSS information stored Twice? onces are in the
internal data structure built after parsing the CSS and other is in
RenderStyle? I wonder the memory overhead for each page if it is done this
way.

And can I rebuild the RenderStyle after I detach and then attach the
RenderObject?

Thank you