[webkit-dev] SharedWorkers alternate design

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Tue Jun 2 11:23:23 PDT 2009

Basically, the spec says "the most appropriate app cache should be used"
(which apparently we're free to interpret however we like), and that the
SharedWorker should have the ability to update its current app cache. I
think that the spec is fine.

As for our implementation - I don't know how appcache is integrated with the
loader code. Can I proxy a load to a given document, but still specify which
version of the app cache I want to use? If so, then we don't need to change
the
design. If not, we either need to add this support, or delay exposing
appcache APIs to SharedWorkers until we add the ability to load data
from worker context without going through a document object (probably
required for persistent workers).

-atw