[webkit-dev] Universal build options

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Mon Jun 1 13:44:38 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-01, at 11:45, Moray Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've searched high and low for an answer to this, so many apologies if
> it's a FAQ, but I can't find a resolution anywhere.

> I've noticed the --universal build option for WebKit no longer works,
> how do I do a universal build now?

The --universal option was removed as the name was misleading and it
was almost never useful.  You can specify which architectures you'd
like to build for by overriding two Xcode configuration settings on
the build-webkit command-line:

build-webkit ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO ARCHS="i386 ppc"

You can adjust the value of ARCHS to suit your preference.

- Mark