[webkit-dev] Memory leak or should I clear content of QWebPage?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Jul 29 19:27:43 PDT 2009

On Thursday 30 July 2009 02:52:11 Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 July 2009 17:40:59 Zongheng Zhou wrote:
> > After I load "www.cnn.com" for 800 times consecutively, the virtual
> > memory size of my little program has reached 1600M; while the resident
> > memory is 1500M....
> > This is horrible....Is this kind of memory leak expected?
>
> It would be a great sign of respect if you read
> http://webkit.org/contact.html and start using webkit-help for these kind
> of questions.

And a good request for help includes the following information (and send it to
webkit-help):

	- What you are using. QWebPage doesn't really tell much. Which version of
WebKit, which version of Qt do you use?

	- What you are doing. E.g. do you use QtLauncher -r load.these.urls with 800
entries for cnn. Or do you have custom code? If you have custom code you
should post it to make sure you don't have a memleak in your code.

kind regards
	holger