[webkit-dev] Reformatting-only patches being applied to trunk

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Sat Jul 25 13:39:39 PDT 2009

On Jul 25, 2009, at 3:08 AM, Oliver Hunt wrote:

> I've just noticed that there have been a few purely style related
> patches being landed in the tree recently, I don't believe these are
> a good idea and that any further reformatting only patches be
> rejected.

I completely disagree.  I see nothing wrong with patches that are
purely style cleanup.  Someone doesn't have to be doing significant
work in an area of code to fix bad style in that code.  We've had a
problem with bad style lingering in some files precisely because the
area of code isn't being touched much.  It would be great to see those
files cleaned up.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)