[webkit-dev] SVN on Windows and the merits of svn:eol-style

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Tue Jul 21 17:13:17 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:

> It seems like we should either be consistent and set svn:eol-style:
> native in all the appropriate files or remove it from all of them.

Note that you don't always want "native" (at least I think you don't).  For
example, in Chromium we've ended up marking .cc/.h files, as well as .sh
files, as LF.  .sln/.vcproj are CRLF (although I'm less sure what the issue
there is... it seems like "native" had some subtle issue or other).

I tend to feel like eol-style is unilaterally good except for any hassle it
causes developers to go through (hence the importance of auto-props).  Even
having it on some files doesn't seem like a bad thing to me; I certainly
wouldn't go through the tree and remove it from things.  (In fact, removing
it from some of the scripts in WebKitTools would break my checkout.)

PK