[webkit-dev] How to get window/view reference with NSAPI on Mac OS X 10.6 [Snow Leopard]?

Avi Drissman avi at google.com
Fri Jul 17 12:44:30 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Doug Hill <doughill at grouplogic.com> wrote:

>  In a Netscape plugin, if NPDrawingModelQuickDraw and NPEventModelCarbon are
> not available   :-)   how does one get a reference to the window or NSView
> that a plugin is contained in?

It is a bad assumption to make that you are in a window or NSView in the
first place.

Using Chromium as an example (a browser I work on), plugins are hosted in a
separate process. The window in which the user sees their drawing is in an
entirely different process and wouldn't be accessible to the plugin anyway.

What are you trying to do?

Avi