[webkit-dev] Development Tools on Safari

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Jul 13 19:54:39 PDT 2009

On Jul 13, 2009, at 7:28 PM, Juan Madrigal wrote:

> Any chance HTMLTidy will be integrated into Safari? http://zappatic.net/safaritidy/
>
> Firebug is also a must: http://getfirebug.com/
>
> Those are the only things keeping me from ditching Firefox, well
> aside from the Web Developer Toolbar: http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/
> and Tamper Data: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/
> 966as well.
>
> What tools are available for Safari/Webkit that match or exceed the
> above? They are sorely needed for web development.

Mark pointed you to the wealth of tools available in the Web Inspector
and Develop menu. If you have any specific feature requests beyond
what the tools can do already, please file bugs at <http://bugs.webkit.org
 >. We're always looking for ways to improve the tools.

Built-in validation support would be one cool enhancement, but we'd
probably want to use validator.nu as the back end instead of using
tidy, since it supports HTML5.

Regards,
Maciej