[webkit-dev] ExecState::thisObject()

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Mon Jul 13 15:29:42 PDT 2009

>> Is there a particular security or other benefit here, or do we just
>> want to
>> make this change to match other browsers?
>
> Our current behavior is buggy, unpredictable, and out of spec.  This
> has led to security bugs in the past and will lead to security bugs in
> the future.

I don't disagree with you, but I'm not immediately convinced that a
large design change will automatically reduce the bug count, either.

Which spec did you have in mind? I'd like to read it.

> Is there a particular reason to keep our current behavior?

No, I don't think so -- and I don't mean to object to this idea,
either. I was just asking for clarification.

Geoff