[webkit-dev] ENABLE_FORM_VALIDATION

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Mon Jul 13 10:46:18 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Darin Fisher <darin at chromium.org> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that we add an ENABLE_FORM_VALIDATION flag (or
> something similarly named).  I'm writing this to webkit-dev because I want
> to make sure that other new web platform features that may be in development
> get similar treatment while they are still in development.  Any objections?

No objections, but I'd like to note that I'm about to back out the upstream
patch for this since in addition to this problem and it breaking the
Chromium build downstream (easy fix), it also has issues with bindings, and
it broke a layout test.  It's easier to just fix these all at once.

When it relands I will see if I can figure out what the ENABLE flag should
cover and make sure it's covered.  I'm concerned about other things already
in the tree with "valid" in their name, e.g. "readonly attribute boolean
willValidate" -- not sure if these should also be under the flag for now.

PK