[webkit-dev] Patch process - a fresh thread (Was: Patch process - let's make it better)

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 13 09:11:17 PDT 2009

Am 13.07.2009 um 15:33 schrieb Holger Freyther:

> On Monday 13 July 2009 13:47:13 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>> also  - (i apologise for not thinking of this earlier) - it's worth
>> emphasising that
>> early on in the #16401 development process, when things were going
>> well,
>> the development was progressing rapidly, and i was collecting
>> valuable
>> contributions,
>> advice and input from several sources, including apple employees as
>> well
>> as free software sources, i felt absolutely no need to swear.
>>
>> then, as the sheer scale of the work began to become clear to the
>> reviewers, they began to feel overwhelmed, and, in an effort to
>> reduce
>> stress levels, began
>> to throw up barriers.
>
> Dear Luke,
>
> webkit-dev is really no place for your paranoia.
>
> greetings from your unpaid volunteer that feels well treated by the
> apple
> engineers working on webkit.org[1].
>
> 	z.
>
> [1] I can not speak for all of apple, because I didn't meet every
> single
> person of currently employed by apple...

I can only agree with Adam & Holger. That said, we should really get
back to the topic of this thread.
Maciejs attempt to move forward with our patch process will help
WebKit much more than discussing a particular patch here on the list,
distracting everyones attention.
--

I absolutely agree with the key issues Maciej highlighted within the
review process. If that's general consensus, we should discuss the

Greetings (from a long time unpaid volunteer, who feels home in WebKit
as well),
Niko