[webkit-dev] error compiling webkit-git on 64-bit

Luka Napotnik luka.napotnik at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 04:19:41 PDT 2009

Hello.

I have a problem compiling the latest GIT version of webkit. My system
is ArchLinux 64-bit and gcc 4.4. My configure looks like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debug --disable-optimizations

When compiling webkit I got the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libJavaScriptCore.a(libJavaScriptCore_la-JITStubs.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `cti_vm_throw' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value.

I've set the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS environment variables to -fPIC and ran
configure again but got the same error. Any ideas how to fix this?

Greets,
Luka