[webkit-dev] Please welcome GYP to the our dysfunctional build family

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Jul 10 15:15:14 PDT 2009

I think our number of different build systems is getting out of hand.
Since gyp is being successfully used to build across platforms, and
maintained by people who also work on some WebKit ports (and can thus
likely be adapted to our needs), I'd like to consider whether we can
use it for Apple's ports, and maybe consider rolling it out to
additional ports over time. The gyp strategy of creating platform-
native project files sounds like a good general approach.

  - Maciej