[webkit-dev] Build File Maintenance (was Re: Please welcome GYP to the our dysfunctional build family)

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Fri Jul 10 11:43:29 PDT 2009

Having used both Chromium's .gyp solution and WebKit's
.<update-a-bunch-of-random-files> solution, I'd like to add a huge +1 to
anyone interested in doing this for their own port. Especially since the
lack of trybots for webkit means that it's prohibitively difficult for
people to actually test their build changes cross-platform currently.
Although maybe I'm just extra-sensitive to this since dimich and I spent a
chunk of time last night diagnosing and fixing some gtk test bustage due to
missing files from the build config.

-atw