[webkit-dev] Detecting a finished paint via JavaScript

RDC rdc49360 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:18:28 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this should be directed at webkit-help, rather
than webkit-dev, but it seems pertinent to the internals of WebKit.

I'm interested in detecting that a page has finished painting via
JavaScript; something like Mozilla have implemented in Firefox via the
mozAfterPaint callback.

I noticed in the archive that someone was doing something like this
using WebFrameLoadDelegate, but from what I can tell this is a Windows &
Mac only thing (?).

Is this something that is achievable in the current code? Or is a
comparable feature planned?

-R