[webkit-dev] Git Familiarity (was ChangeLog)

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Mon Jul 6 01:51:06 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Justin Haygood <jhaygood at reaktix.com>wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Benjamin Meyer" <ben at meyerhome.net>

The official instructions for getting and building WebKit involve things run
from the command prompt.  I agree that there are plenty of Windows based
developers who would not be comfortable using a command line, but I find it
hard to believe that there are many hacking on WebKit.  And, if they are,
they're probably savvy enough to write MSVC++ macros.

For what it's worth, I support switching to git.  It certainly will be
painful for some, but I think it'll be a win before long.  That said, I also
think Maciej is right and that there are some bigger fish to fry at the
moment.