[webkit-dev] Changes to prepare-ChangeLog

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Fri Jul 3 16:51:04 PDT 2009

On Friday, July 3, 2009 2:19:51 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> What I do (and I think many of us do) is use a script that
> automatically fills in the commit message from the ChangeLog.

The script is WebKitTools/Scripts/commit-log-editor.  Setting one of these environment variables (depending on whether you're using svn or git) works great (replace "$WEBKIT_SRC_DIR" with the path to your webkit source, or just set them to "commit-log-editor" if you've added WebKitTools/Scripts to your PATH):

GIT_EDITOR=$WEBKIT_SRC_DIR/WebKitTools/Scripts/commit-log-editor
SVN_EDITOR=$WEBKIT_SRC_DIR/WebKitTools/Scripts/commit-log-editor

You'll also want to set the EDITOR environment variable unless you use vi to edit your svn/git commit logs.  :)

Dave