zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu
Fri Jul 3 01:58:33 PDT 2009
we hope the general arm-jit will soon go to mainline, so we could have
enough time to countinue our work on other JSC enhancements. We would like
to hear your opinion about them (Are they still valid? Has someone else
already been working on it? Which one is important for you?):
- runtime switching between JIT and interpreter: we still owe you a patch
- which only choose between JIT and interpreter at the creation time of
the global object - will post it soon. We plan to extend this mechanism as
far as we can: real switch in both directions during runtime. Currently
extend the entrly leave mechanism somehow.
- always keep the SF byte code
- always generate the vPC vector
- fast path for math functions (especially floor(a/b)): implementing in a
similar way to the JS apply() function. Detecting in AST level.
- threading: multi core (SMP) architectures are spreading, even for
embedded systems. Is there any (large) parts of WebKit which can be
readesigned to be thread safe? It would help to expolit the advantages of
SMP architectures without significantly increase the memory consumption.
- Could we help you in future JSC enhancements?
More information about the webkit-dev