[webkit-dev] Important change for ports regarding FocusController

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Wed Jul 1 10:04:25 PDT 2009

In order to get focus memory for tabs working properly, we need a
notion of whether or not the underlying Page is focused.  We need this
since Web pages should be able to shift around programmatic focus in
background tabs and have the new focused frame and focused node be
remembered if you switch back to that tab.

Our current code was relying only on the window being active plus the
frame being focused to decide that it should draw focus rings and
blink carets.  However this isn't good enough in the case described
above.

I have just added a new boolean to FocusController that indicates
whether or not the Page is focused.  The Mac and Windows ports have
been patched to update the Page focused state properly (I hope).

Other ports will need to call page->focusController()-
 >setFocused(true) or setFocused(false) now in order for everything to
work properly.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)