[webkit-dev] EXPORT_JS changeset

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:23:00 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm interested in using the JavaScriptCore, however I'm working with
an old revision of WebKit - I'm unsure of exactly what version it is,
but the most recent entry in the changelog file in the JavaScriptCore
was on the 2007-10-03.

Looking at the JavaScriptcore API files, such as JSObjectRef.h,
functions are not prefixed with IMPORT / EXPORT - as I would expect
them to be, since they make up an API exported from a DLL.  Browsing a
more recent version of the source online here:

http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/JavaScriptCore/API/JSObjectRef.h

functions are exported using JS_EXPORT.  However this change seems to
have been introduced with the following changeset dated 27/11/2007.

http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/28097

Can any provide any information on:

1. How the JavaScriptCore API can be used if there is no IMPORT /
EXPORT next to function definitions.  How was it used before the
changeset introducing JS_EXPORT?
2. What happened in terms of the changes to how JSCore functions were
exported and when these changes were introduced?

--
Regards
Jack