[webkit-dev] Need help in understanding how webkit handles clicks event

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Jan 28 18:36:12 PST 2009

The PDF handling stuff is related to a mimetype filter. The web server
sends a particular mime type along with each document, and if it's not
something that the browser knows how to deal with directly, it'll
interrogate all of its plugins to see if they want to handle it. When
plugins are registered they provide a list of types they'll handle. See:

	http://developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTATION/InternetWeb/Conceptual/WebKit_PluginProgTopic/Concepts/AboutPlugins.html

And:

	http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebCore/plugins

Regards