[webkit-dev] Get all text

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:33:53 PST 2009

Hi,

>   I need a help from u all guys.. I am in need of get all the text which
> is displayed..
> Can anybody pls help me for this.

What you are asking is close to what is done by DumpRenderTree when
you specify the option dumpAsText so it should be a good start: the
idea is to get the innerText of the Document element.

After the method to get it is different for each platform (and you did
not say which platform you are using) so you can either have a look at
your WebKit port documentation or see how dumpRenderTree does this by
looking at the method DumpRenderTree::dumpFramesAsText for your port
implementation (you can find the platform implementations in the
subdirectories of WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree/).

Regards,
Julien