[webkit-dev] Getting text alignment in editing mode?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Thu Jan 22 10:29:11 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm working on adding HTML editing capabilities to the wxWebKit API,
and I've gotten a lot of things working by exposing the edit commands,
as well as providing a level of DOM wrapping for getting/manipulating
attributes. One thing I've been unable to figure out, though, is how
to get the text alignment(s) of a selection. The Align(Left/Center/
Right/Justify) commands do not provide a mechanism for reporting the
state of those commands, and neither do I see an API in Editor,
SelectionController, or DOMRange for it. Is there an 'official' way to
get this information, or is it a matter of traversing the DOM and
getting the info from each element myself?

Thanks,

Kevin