[webkit-dev] New loader class to allow workers to do xhr

David Levin levin at chromium.org
Tue Jan 20 08:59:17 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> > Or perhaps you mean that it loads on behalf of a script execution
context, but is that more the case for this loader than for any other kind?
Yes.  None of the other loaders works for a ScriptExecutionContext.  Some
may be suitable if you have a Document, but none simply use a
ScriptExecutionContext to do the loading.

My intent with this class is to allow anything that wants to work
generically with a ScriptExecutionContext to be able to use this to load
whatever it wants.  Currently I'm starting with XHR and fitting its needs.
 (No need to be overly generic.)  importScripts will be able to use it as
well.

Is ScriptContextResourceLoader a suitable name?  (Resource because it loads
multiple things, ScriptContext because that's what uses it and
ScriptExecutionContext is too long..)

Thanks again,
Dave