[webkit-dev] Separating the WebKitSystemInterface Calls

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:27:52 PST 2009

Various files in the WebKit/win directory access certain
Apple-specific platform routines contained in the
WebKitSystemInterface library.  The services provided by this library
seem to span a wide range, from SSL certificates to Font Smoothing
levels.

For my redistributable WebKit, I would like to exclude these
(eventually replacing them with some other suitable impementation).

In my local tree, I have added a new define 'SAFARI_INTERFACE', which
I use to exclude these elements.

Does this seem like a reasonable approach?  Or should I just use the
existing 'CG' and 'CFNETWORK' guards as appropriate based on the kind
of function being exposed by WebKitSystemInterface?

Thanks,

-Brent