[webkit-dev] Idle events in plugins...

Erik Walter erik.walter at ebooktechnologies.com
Thu Jan 15 10:56:32 PST 2009

I'm attempting to implement plugin support for an embedded device and
I'm not sure how or where the idle events for plugins would be coming
from.  I'm watching the PluginView::handleEvent() function and I get
mouse and keyboard events, but I never see any idle-type events.  I
don't see anywhere else that the idle events would flow through, so
I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I would assume that I need this for any plugin that does animation or
updating (like playing movies or a Flash-type player).

Can anybody point me in the right direction?  Or maybe at an existing
platform that DOES support the idle events.