[webkit-dev] about the "Dashed border"

Julien Chaffraix jchaffraix at pleyo.com
Wed Jan 14 03:40:58 PST 2009


> I open a webpage with webkit  (e.g. www.google.com), and the "text box"
> obtains the focus,
> if I press the "Tab" key, and the "button" obtains the focus, and there is a
> "Dashed border"

The "dashed border" is called a "focus ring".

> Now I want to have a "Actual wireframe",I want to change the "Dashed border"
> ,
> But I don't know how to do it. So I hope you tell me ?

The focus ring drawing is done per platform by the method
GraphicsContext::drawFocusRing() (which can be found in
WebCore/platform/graphics and its subdirectories). As its name
implies, modifying this method will change how the focus ring is
Most of the focus ring operations are handled by the GraphicsContext
so you can look around for other focusRing related code that might
help you tune it a bit more.


More information about the webkit-dev mailing list