[webkit-dev] Turning off rendering in WebKit

Shariq Rizvi shariq at rizvi.org
Mon Jan 12 09:25:05 PST 2009

I am using WebKit to piggy-back on the non-rendering phases of WebKit's
for doing some dynamic analysis of the in-memory objects that result after
these phases.

Hence, I want to disable the actual "rendering" of visible objects (I don't
need to "see" any window). So far, I have been using Xvfb (X Virtual Frame
Buffer) to have my application send its window into this fake X server. Is
there an even better approach - perhaps a macro/flag that I can turn off so
that WebKit does not graphically render anything?

Thanks!