[webkit-dev] Knowing Entry and Exit points of a Resource

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Jan 12 09:15:29 PST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 4:48 AM, mwas wrote:

>    I would like to know the entry and exit points of a resource in
> WebKit,
>
> Example, how do I know if one leaves from http:// site to https://
> site and vice-versa,
>
> One work around would be to use  kurl.isProtocol("https://"); but
> this will fail on multiple sessions
>
> Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Programmers implementing WebKit can find out about navigation from
location to location by implementing functions in the
FrameLoaderClient object.

Programmers using WebKit in their applications can do the same thing
using the corresponding features of the platform-specific API. On Mac
OS X that's methods of the web view’s frame load delegate.

     -- Darin