[webkit-dev] Linker error with cairo build on Windows

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:02:45 PST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Vijay D <techvd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying a cairo build on Windows. After struggling with a few settings
> and errors, I was finally able to build most of everything cleanly from
> command-line. In the end WebKit.dll fails with an error:
>
> 11>WebMutableURLRequest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "public: struct _CFURLRequest const * __thiscall
> WebCore::ResourceRequest::cfURLRequest(void)const "
> (?cfURLRequest at ResourceRequest@WebCore@@QBEPBU_CFURLRequest@@XZ) referenced
> in function "public: virtual struct _CFURLRequest const * __stdcall
> WebMutableURLRequest::cfRequest(void)"
> (?cfRequest at WebMutableURLRequest@@UAGPBU_CFURLRequest@@XZ)
> 11>D:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\bin\WebKit.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> externals

There is no CFURLRequest object in the Cairo build, so it looks like
we've somehow got a bit of CFNetwork stuff creeping into the build.

The WebCore/platform/network/curl/ResourceRequest.h defines a stub of
cfURLRequest that should be supplying this implementation.  It looks
as though the WebCore/platform/network/cf/ResourceRequest.h is
actually getting used in your build.

I think the problem is that sometimes the post-build target doesn't
copy the ResourceRequest.h from the curl subdirectory, and you get
into this state.

For now, just copy the ResourceRequest.h (and perhaps the
ResourceResponse.h for good measure) from the
WebCore/platform/network/curl directory to your
$(WebKitBuild)/include/WebCore directory and you should be able to
rebuild just the WebKit.dll and it will link.

Perhaps the copy is not working right; I'll take a look at it and see
if something needs correcting.

Thanks,

-Brent