[webkit-dev] Fail to build WebKit r37132 with GTK on Fedora core 10

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Jan 8 09:12:17 PST 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 6:25 AM, ferrety ferrety wrote:

> I get an compile error:
>
> WebCore/warc/recordout.cpp: In function 'void
> WebCore::recordoutrequest(WebCore::String, WebCore::String,
> WebCore::ResourceRequest&)':
> WebCore/warc/recordout.cpp:79: erreur: 'const class
> WebCore::AtomicString' has no member named 'latin1'
> WebCore/warc/recordout.cpp: In function 'void
> WebCore::recordoutresponse(WebCore::String, WebCore::String,
> WebCore::ResourceRequest&, const WebCore::ResourceResponse&)':
> WebCore/warc/recordout.cpp:114: erreur: 'const class
> WebCore::AtomicString' has no member named 'latin1'
>
> Where I should look guys for a replacement for these deprecated
> functions?

It sounds like your application is using WebCore interfaces directly.
That is not the correct way to use WebKit. Those are not API, they are
internal implementation details and subject to change at any time.

Applications should use WebKit API, for example the one for Qt or the
one for GTK, or the Objective-C one on the Mac.

     -- Darin