[webkit-dev] QtWebKit in Qt Embeded linux 4.4.3 can support npapi plugin?

Suk Zhong sukmaillist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:20:15 PST 2009

HI All:
we're porting QtWebKit in Qt Embeded linux to embed device.we have some
problems,hope someone can give us some advices.

we have compiled the Qt4.4.3(include QtWebKit) on blackfin or arm
platform,it runs ok,it can visit normal website for example gmail etc,but it
doesn't support any plugin, and we want it to support.

so we checkout the current webkit source code, and compile it on ubuntu8.10,
we find it can run ok, and load adobe flash plugin normally.

we view the implemation of pluginviewQt.cpp etc in webkit source code,and
find that the implemation only supports the xembed style to setwindow for
plugin, but the current Qt Embeded linux4.4.3 can't support xembed protocol.

my questions are:
1.can someone give some ideas about the plugin implemation of QtWebKit
supportting not only xembed but also shared window like firefox?

2.qt embeded linux can support xembed protocol in future?

3.someone knows what time Qt4.5 release will publish?

Thanks!