[webkit-dev] Licenses for WebKit contributions

Sam Weinig sam at webkit.org
Wed Jan 7 14:13:29 PST 2009

I just noticed several patches have put up for review that contain new files
using the Apache license.  Current WebKit policy is that code should be
licensed under either a BSD license or GNU Lesser General Public License
v.2.1 (mentioned explicitly when submitting patches on bugs.webkit.org).  In
order to change this policy, we would need to have a larger discussion as
this is not a decision that can be made by any one person.  If you have
submitted a patch recently that is under another license, please consider
re-submitting it with either of the two allowed licenses as we cannot land
them as they are.  I am sorry we did not notice this sooner.
-Sam