[webkit-dev] How webkit deallocate memory?

Diego Gonzalez diego.gonzalez at openbossa.org
Wed Jan 7 14:04:37 PST 2009

Hi,

I was testing two webkit based browsers (arora and epiphany) and in the both
cases,
I had the following situation:

- I've opened some pages using the browser tabs
- Each time that I opened a tab an page on it, the allocated memory for the
browser process increase.
- When I closed a tab (with a page already loaded), the allocated memory for
the the browser process
   didn't drecrease.

Why did it happen?
Is there a way to deallocate memory from a webkit object (for example, when
close a tab which contains a page loaded)?
Or, Does webkit only deallocate memory when the browser process is killed?

BR,
Diego Gonzalez