[webkit-dev] Build Error

David Levin levin at chromium.org
Sat Jan 3 22:44:32 PST 2009

I don't see the error in the information given.  fwiw, when I first started
building on Windows, I had lots of problems, but it was because I didn't
have cygwin set-up with all of the necessary packages.
Make sure that you followed the steps from:
http://webkit.org/building/tools.html (especially step 3). After installing
all of the necessary packages, it is best to start over by cleaning your
build results ("build-webkit --clean --debug" before doing "build-webkit
--debug").

Best wishes,
Dave

PS In general, when trying to figure out what went wrong, one needs to start
from the beginning of the output and find the first place that something
went wrong.  In your case, this was some time before this:

4>Build log was saved at "file://e:\Software Backup\WebKit\WebKit-SVN-
source\web
kit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCore\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
4>WebCore - 32 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Perhaps in the BuildLog.htm file itself.